Main fields of usage of a dredge
Underwater excavations are being held and displacement of sand to a certain distance. The purposes of collecting sand can be:
• to create new areas;
• raising the ground level;
• collection of soil to raise the shore and reinforcement of the edges of the shore (bridges);
• reinforcement of dams and renewal/enlargement of beach areas for protection of dangers caused by flood;
• setting up construction sites, temporary barrier- and gap-dams and mounds;
• setting up a new plot on buried (dangerous) wastage;
• extraction of sand and gravel for construction industry.
Excavations are performed for dredging and expanding in the reservoir for the purpose of sustaining even level of water. The purposes of dredging can be:
• expanding and dredging the reservoir;
• expanding the mouth of the river;
• regulation of river influx;
• dredging the river bed for better passability for low-bottom launches and vessels;
• excavation of underwater pipe channels (cables).
CLEANING OF RESERVOIRS, PONDS, RIVERS, LAKES AND CHANNELS
Cleaning from mud and algae. The purposes of cleaning can be:
• improving sanitary situations;
• improving ecological parameters;
• improving fluidity;
• avoiding swamping;
• creating aesthetics on the reservoir and in surroundings.
BUILDING OF HYDROTECHNICAL STRUCTURE
Execution of projects and constructions for hydrotechnical structures with the main purpose of holding the plot together in protection against being washed.
• reinforcement of shore;
• piers and docks;
• ship lifts;
• dam structures;
• car and pedestrian bridges;
• underwater communications.